November 26, 2006

My Garden II

To quote my good friend Canyon Dave: "See, that's why Mommy can't have nice things!" I've never seen such inconsiderate people. The planted areas are clearly defined yet the public still has managed to step on plants, sit on them, allow their dogs to pee on them and dig them up.

Which brings me to our own pain-in-the-ass asses. Normally when it's time to saddle up, I sprinkle some oat pellets around the hitching rail and they stay put until I get them haltered. The other day, while my back was turned, Slim and Bill spotted the newly planted Purple Fountain Grass and promptly mowed them down. I caught Slim with one of the plants in his mouth, root ball dangling.

I'm not going to give up and if the only thing that grows there is the Yarrow, I will be happy.

No comments: