April 21, 2007

Things That Go "Bump" in the Night

Tonight some of the Pack Station cats weren't getting along. They banged my bunkhouse door as they chased each other in and out of the cat door, they kept knocking things over and several times my dog, Sergeant, had to break up a fight. So when I heard a big "crash" outside, I figured it was another cat fight. I could tell it came from the loading dock, eight feet away from my window.

But then I wondered if it could be a person out there rummaging around for something to steal. There were still an awful lot of cars in the parking lot when I went to bed. So I grabbed a flashlight and peeked my head out the door. Sure enough, there was someone all in black investigating the items in the loading dock. He had knocked over the garbage can. He didn't notice me at first, so I asked "Hey! What are you doing out there?" He just looked at me for a few seconds, a bit surprised I guess, then ran away fast on all fours.

One of these days I am going to get a photograph of a bear at the Pack Station.

No comments: