March 9, 2007

Thank You!!

WHEW! It has been a crazy, busy week and I have been neglecting my web duties. I wrote about Deb's graduation party on Page Two and what a big production it was. It took a lot of work by a lot of people. What I didn't say was that everyone left me alone at the store, on a Saturday, to go to Deb's graduation ceremony. Fortunately they arranged for back up. I bet it won't be hard to guess who came to the rescue - Eric Woodyard.

Actually, I want to thank the Woodyard family (where were you Paul?). Eric informally planned to stay for the whole day, but arranged for his wife, Monica, to help in the afternoon in case he had enough. Eric is our resident Dutch oven chef, and on a whim he decided to make Pulled Pork Sandwiches for sale. They were a big hit and I think he'll make it an irregular thing.

Eric's daughter, Gabby, came up to run the register for the day; she brought her friend Taylor. Gabby was a little nervous about running the Quick Books program that operates our cash register, but she did just fine. She also picked up on the prices, hiking directions etc. Eric told her I might make her famous on the website if she helped us out, so here you go... Gabby Woodyard is on the left, her friend Taylor is on the right.

No comments: